AABDP is a comprehensive 6-month program designed for African American business owners who want to not only build a successful company, but also create employment opportunities for the community.
Applicants must have a minimum of two years of business experience, have a commitment to attend monthly sessions, submit a written rationale for why the company should be accepted into the program and have the willingness to be an active member of the program. During the program, participants are exposed to “Best Practices” and experts in a variety of industries.
AABDP is facilitated by the Urban League and comprised of the following elements:
- Experiential learning, lectures and classroom discussions
- Leadership and Skills assessment
- Organization and Process management
- Assessing Products & Services
- Understanding business financials and how they impact business growth
- Strategic Planning and Growth Strategies
The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) investment is $1500 to participate in the program with proof of MBE Certification (s) and financial statements. Certification of completion is presented upon graduation.
- Support to manage and grow your business
- Expand professional networks and enhance personal relationships
- Two hours of one-on-one business coaching per month
- FastTrac® materials and supplies
- Participation in thought-provoking leadership training activities
- Gain a broader perspective of community issues impacting African Americans
- Join others to help solve problems in the African American and Business communities
- Become recognized as a community leader
For more information, call 513-487-6537